Most corporations want to provide charitable, approved staff, approved or community benefit when decommissioning their end-of-life technology but end of up facing the many issues that come hand-in-hand with these programs. Working with an Asset Disposition partner like Tech Wreckers Inc. can help overcome those challenges while still providing the desired citizenship benefit.
Staff Purchase Plans
Staff Purchase plans a great way to give back to the hard working individuals who have ensured the company’s success. The biggest concerns in implementing a Staff Purchase Program should be:
- Data Security, approved are we effectively ensuring that all company information has been removed from the Assets.
- Software, OEM Microsoft software is not readily transferrable to another owner. In most cases either the company is in infringement or the staff is forced towards using pirated software.
- Warranties, in most cases problems with the equipment will filter back to the company’s IT staff burdening them and distracting them away from the company’s support needs.
Tech Wreckers can help; we can provide Certified Data Erasure, Microsoft Refurbisher Licensing and Extended Warranties to professional handle all of the liability issues in providing Staff Purchase Programs.
Donating to Charity
Many organizations elect to give their end-of-life IT assets to their partnered charity supporting the community. Some of the biggest challenges we’ve heard from charity partners are:
- Abundance, we love the support but we only have 15 workers in the charity. What are we going to do with 50 PCs and laptops?
- Setup and Services, we do not have IT staff and these computers came to us with nothing on them. It’s hard to find IT savvy volunteers in here to help us setup the equipment.
- Standardization, we’re trying to support our IT like any other organization which is very difficult when through donations all of our PCs are different make, model, and operating system.
Our Asset Disposition program provides solutions for these very challenges:
- Tech Wreckers can Provide Value for the Equipment which the corporation can donate to the charity giving them the freedom to purchase the exact hardware and/or services they need.
- We can provide Microsoft Citizenship Licensing, Refurbishing and Warranty services ensuring the product supplied to the charity is near new condition, fully operational, standardized and supported.
- We can provide a like for like swap of hardware that matches the charities existing infrastructure for similar donated items.