Great Article in the Waterloo Region Record on our Innovating IT Asset Disposition Services.
Our continued effort is to shift the thinking from end-of-life IT equipment being a waste stream. Our professional services surrounding retiring IT equipment can defray some of the most significant liability a company can face.
- Potential for confidential and proprietary company information remaining on assets
- Physical asset tags identifying the products as belonging to the corporate entity
- The assets being traceable by the Manufacturer Serial Number back to original bill of sale
Municipal and Commercial entities whose disposition processes are:
- selling their IT assets on bid sites
- giving their retired IT assets to staff
- donating their assets directly to charity
- operating their own surplus sales
have no protection or recourse in the case of an error or oversight. Their retired IT assets or pieces thereof could be found in the municipal waste stream or provided to the next user containing confidential data.
That liability is defrayed by these services we provide:
- Certificate of Data Erasure for all Data-bearing assets received
- Full auditable record of assets received by serial number and weight to ensure all items are tracked and processed properly
- Asset De-branding removing all company identifiers from all assets as they process through our facility
- Full E&O Insurance coverage ensuring in the case of an failure, see there are appropriate resources to mitigate any negative effects
“We sold it on a bid site” will not protect a company when an asset they retired is found inappropriately disposed. In addition to these benefits, site in most cases, buy we can rebate our clients for their reusable assets. There simply isn’t a good reason to be taking on the risks of not using an appropriate, professional service partner for your End-of-life IT needs.